External Filter & External Heater Tubing Confusion, Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MatTheFish

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a EHEIM ecco pro 300 External Filter waiting for delivery, The Eheim site says for the ecco pro 300 - Hose Ø Suction side(inside) 12.00/16.00 mm,

I am buying a Hydor ETH300 External Heater that says it has inlet hose 16mm, Connects to 16mm & 5/8" Hose.

Sorry it's a daft question but will that external heater fit the tubing that comes with the ecco pro 300 external filter ?

I get confused with inlet and outlet tubing size. If it can't is there a way I can make it fit ?

I know i could boil end of tube and stretch if possible but rather be rite size tubing and ends on external heater.

I've attached an image of external filter details from manufacturer website.

( I suffer with mental health and needs things explaining in simple easy way )

Thank you for any advice and help.

Thanks,
Mathew

Attachments

• IMG_20130810_084304.JPG
    IMG_20130810_084304.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 213
I would suggest you wait for the heater to arrive and then try the tubes on it. I have managed to connect everything up to slightly differing diameters by just putting the ends in boiling water to soften and then using jubilee clips to ensure everything is secure.

Your filter pipes will have a inside diameter of 12mm, and an outside diameter of 16mm. 

You will need to order the Hydor heater with the smaller fittings to fit pipes with an inside diameter of 12mm not 16mm that you have quoted 
good.gif

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back