Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kaden Doke

Reaction score
I've been wonder if I'd be overstocked with a dwarf gourami, nine cardinal tetras, and six corys. I have a 29 gallon with a marine land emperor 280. The media includes two aquaclear 70 sponges, and fluval biomax.

Thank you

e4c84661-7876-5219-0000-015d86d9eb05

There are lots of different types of corydoras, with different bio-impacts; what type are you considering?

Welcome to TFF :)

Unfortunately, your pic is not working for me. Is the tank planted? Imho, that stocking should be fine. I would propably increase the numbers to 11-13 cardinal tetras and 7-9 panda cories.

But note: the temperature requirements of those species are different, so I wouldn't house them together in the first place. What are your temps?

Welcome to TFF :)

Unfortunately, your pic is not working for me. Is the tank planted? Imho, that stocking should be fine. I would propably increase the numbers to 11-13 cardinal tetras and 7-9 panda cories.

But note: the temperature requirements of those species are different, so I wouldn't house them together in the first place. What are your temps?
My temp is 79 and my tank is planted, but not heavily

Assuming the tank is cycled, and since you have live plants, you could add new fish any time. The temperature must come down to 76-77F for panda cories. A couple degrees may not seem much, but to the fish which are ectothermic it is very significant. Temperature drives the fish's metabolism. Panda cories also like some water current, more than any other species of cory I have so far encountered; cardinals by contrast prefer quiet or still waters.

A note of caution on the dwarf gourami...unless you can obtain this species direct from the breeder, or can verify the breeder, they are best avoided. The iridovirus which is not treatable is a risk with poorly-raised dwarf gourami; this species should never be acquired from chain fish stores especially. The Honey Gourami would be a better option if you want something around that size.

And, welcome to TFF.:hi:

Byron.

Assuming the tank is cycled, and since you have live plants, you could add new fish any time. The temperature must come down to 76-77F for panda cories. A couple degrees may not seem much, but to the fish which are ectothermic it is very significant. Temperature drives the fish's metabolism. Panda cories also like some water current, more than any other species of cory I have so far encountered; cardinals by contrast prefer quiet or still waters.

A note of caution on the dwarf gourami...unless you can obtain this species direct from the breeder, or can verify the breeder, they are best avoided. The iridovirus which is not treatable is a risk with poorly-raised dwarf gourami; this species should never be acquired from chain fish stores especially. The Honey Gourami would be a better option if you want something around that size.

And, welcome to TFF.:hi:

Byron.
I've been wanting honey gourami instead, but there are none in my area and I don't want to order

I've been wanting honey gourami instead, but there are none in my area and I don't want to order

In that case, since you are dealing with fish stores, I would not risk the dwarf gourami.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back