Ever Needed An Extra Pair Of Hands...?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
what is that?
I've never seem something like that let alone bought one.
Looks ready to cut off my fingers!

Only ever used on for soldering!
smile.png

We've got one of those, used it for modelling and miniature painting.  Never thought to use it for plants, I think the croc clips would damage them.

Hang on, is that large circley thing in the middle a magnifying glass or some razor sharp blade that rotates very quickly?

daizeUK said:
We've got one of those, used it for modelling and miniature painting.  Never thought to use it for plants, I think the croc clips would damage them.
Not for the actual plants themselves, but to hold the other end of the fishing line when I am tying plants to wood and rocks etc ;)

TallTree01 said:
Hang on, is that large circley thing in the middle a magnifying glass or some razor sharp blade that rotates very quickly?
Magnifying Glass ...

LOL at TT for the spiny blade haha, and yep i use this for soldering and painting models but i guess you could use it to hold the fishing line but ott unless you already have it, tie the fishing line to something else before you work on it that what i would do or just use super glue :) like i do

Zikofski said:
LOL at TT for the spiny blade haha, and yep i use this for soldering and painting models but i guess you could use it to hold the fishing line but ott unless you already have it, tie the fishing line to something else before you work on it that what i would do or just use super glue
smile.png
like i do

So you use superglue to attach plants to items?  Is there a particular brand, or once it is dry it is non-toxic?  Does it break down in the water?

RCA said:
So you use superglue to attach plants to items?
Just the plain Cyanoacrylate and you're good to go.

coolx.gif
will give it a go, must be a darn site easier than tying them on, even with my new gadget ;)

haha ye i find the superglue gets sogie after a while it goes white when in contact with water, after a while it peels off is annoying sometimes i am having a hard time even keeping my anubias attacked it seems to break away from the superglue but ye works well tho if you can not nudge it :) if you can let it dry before puting it in the water as well even better :D

Zikofski said:
... i am having a hard time even keeping my anubias attacked ...

Thanks for the update.  I think I will stick with the fishing line and my new gadget then.  Have only just recently switched from cotton as I found this eventually set the plants free too.

In respect to your Anubias I guess you are really having trouble keeping it attached ;)  This is so easily done I find, especially when typing faster than my brain can think sometimes...

Cheers again

UPDATE: Here is the "helping hand" being helpful.  I was inserting some Java Moss in-between a mesh sheet to wrap around the power head on my large aquarium.  This is now in place and I am hoping the moss will grow through the mesh and hide the power-head.  It already looks better than seeing a big grey box in the aquarium!  I also found this gadget useful when I was tying plants onto wood, and just holding onto the lose end of the fishing line until I was ready to tie it off.

P1080460-Copy_zpsc30d2303.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back