FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GriffinC18

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i recently have gotten Endler's livebearers. I already had guppies and was thinking about breeding them. I know the debate about how this is horrible and about keeping the strain of Endler's alive......i should tell you that i found these "Endler's" at a LFS and the two black bar are babies that i found in a male guppy tank, and a green cobra that was sold as an actual endler, these are of course class K, the lowest classification of the type and their origins, it's not like I'm ruining an actual pure or even half pure strain, granted these fish that i got are beautiful and look much like Class P, i will not say a class P came from a LFS.

My question is, has anyone ever bred these two and had a cool strain appear? I kind of want to do this to see the colors that come out. Also is their anything i need to know about crossbreeding the two? Has anyone ever explored the possibilities in a small manor?

This is from a site "Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums"
"A classification system has been created so that the type of Endler’s and the origin is easily distinguishable to hobbyists. Any Endler’s Livebearer that can be traced to their native waters in Venezuela are considered ‘Class N' Endler. Any Endler's Livebearer of unknown origin appearing to be an Endler’s Livebearer based on its size, shape and color will be considered ‘Class P' Endler. Any Endler’s Livebearer crossed with any other livebearer will be considered 'Class K' Endler."

They will interbreed easily. Crosses are typically larger than the average endlers but smaller than guppies. I picked one up from an LFS and he's very cute. The endlers you have are probably not pure endlers either. Most found in the LFS are crossbreeds.

Also, I imagine in a small manor you would have plenty of space to have tanks full of lines. If you meant has anyone tried this in a small manner, I'm sure that there are many people here who will say they have done it.

You can crossbreed them easily. If it were a female endler I would say no because you don't know how long her babies will be guppy crosses. But you can crossbreed the male enders. Just make sure any fry you sell or give away they are labeled as with guppy/endler crosses.

okay thanks! and i sure will, but i probably won't sell any of them, oat will be food for other fish in the tank except for like four that i'll take out right after they're born (random selection).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back