Endler/Guppy Hybrids

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppygal

Reaction score
I finally got a webpage with pics of my endler/guppy crosses up today. I had promised to post this sometime ago, sorry it took so long:

http://homepage.mac.com/tisha4/endlers/Pho...hotoAlbum4.html

Anyway, it may be kind of confusing at first. Basically last summer I bought two endler males and I couldn't find any endler females to keep them company. I put a yellow tailed female guppy in with them.

Before she died along the with the endlers, she gave birth to 4 babies, two males and two females. They are all still alive and you can see the two males and one of the females who looks identical to her Mom. They in turn have had babies which I don't know if bro and sis had them together or if they bred with the other gups in the tank (like I said, a bit confusing)

I think all the hybrids are very beautiful and the males have retained the very hyper nature of true endlers. If someone is interested I may be willing to part with some of the offspring, but what I gather from this forum is that most people are against crossbreeding...

:crazy:

imo crossbreeding is fine until you sell them. hybrids will ruin the stock of fish by making it unclear to which is pure and which isnt. a perfect example is the red devil or midas. often a mixutre of both unless you get it from a reputable breeder.

So long as you make it clear to whoever you give them to that they are NOT pure endlers it is ok. But it would be even better if you had your own pure species endlers tank as well as the hybrids as pure endlers can be quite hard to find for some people :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back