Emoticons

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Flubberlump

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello! I'm unable to add emoticons to my posts. I used the forum a few years ago and could add them no problem, but since coming back it seems I can't. The 'enable emoticons' box at the side of my posts is ticked, so does anyone know why I can't use them?

Thanks in advance.

Hi flubberlump! I remember you, welcome back.

I know there was a brief glitch yesterday as each time I tried to click on 'my content' it just went straight to my profile. That did sort itself out though a couple of hours later.

Have you tried unchecking everything and saving and then going back re-checking everything to see if that re-sets it? It's all I can think of :/

winner.gif

wish.gif

walkman.gif

no.gif

book.gif

welcomeani.gif

yay.gif

These little guys?

Meh, he's Admin. He's a law unto himself. 
yes.gif

Can you see any of them at all?  Is Java script enabled in your browser?

Flubberlump said:
Hello! I'm unable to add emoticons to my posts. I used the forum a few years ago and could add them no problem, but since coming back it seems I can't. The 'enable emoticons' box at the side of my posts is ticked, so does anyone know why I can't use them?

Thanks in advance.
You use the smile button in the editor. It brings up a list of the them to pick from. 

Yep they're the ones! I can see them, I just can't seem to add them. I can't see a smile button :(
Ahh so it seems I can post them if I use the correct punctuation marks etc, like for the sad face I typed a comma followed by an open bracket.

I don't know them all though.

If you don't see an editor that looks something like the below then your browser isn't displaying it. There can be several reasons for this such as security settings, the age/type of browser, etc. 

editor.jpg

No I can't see that. I'm using the same tablet that I used to use when I could see it. It has been updated since then though, so it must be something to do with the updated browser. I can't find anything in the settings. May have to do a bit of searching online.

Thanks though :)

Yes, probably a result of the update to your browser. 

I haven't managed to work out how to sort the emoticons, but I can see emoticons in various other places around the web. Think I'll give up now and make do with the ones I know lol.

emoticons.jpg
You should see the emoticon selector as shown in the image above. If you don't then there's some setting in your browser that is restricting Javascript. 

I used chat to find out what they looked like on my tablet! :D :- :) :shout: :fish: :mama: (there's an emoticon option in chat)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back