Emersed setup, not exactly an aquarium...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DutchMuch

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Thought I'd post all my journals that I have on the planted tank on here as well, hope you find them as interesting as over 10,000 people did on there.
Here is a picture of the emersed setups now, ill post a pic later of what im going to do. Just going to expand them since im selling now on more than 4 forums which I have to keep up with :)
20tjsk9.jpg

Above will be just pearlweed later today, still indoor setup.
The one below here, will be separated and just for the ludwigia sp. All other Sp. of plants are going into separate tubs.
dvgd4y.jpg

hv9zqf.jpg

Alrightly, Renovation is done :p Here is the finished product.
but before I show pics.
I would like to explain why I do All my emersed setups in bins rather than using Sean W.'s fine invention and method of emersed plant growing.
1st: Nice and Easy
2nd: Cost Effective (big factor)
This is a big factor, the cost, Seans setup can cost up to 500$ on a loose budget, this one was only 60$ on no budget.
3rd: Great Unlimited Growth
This is also a pretty large factor, in seans setup your plants are limited to root growth and are limited to where the can go out of their clay pots. Roots also stick To the clay pots. In the bin setups, your roots can stretch wherever they want across the substrate. Also the plants can get as large as they want and certainly are not limited to space.
Lastly: Its great to sell.
When you use the bin setup and you, happen to sell plants like me, you can eventually when the plants grow nice and lush as well as Thick, you can pick up the plants, and the whole bottom will come up. Now you can easily prevent this with cardboard base but I prefer to keep my plants in large matts.
Here are the pictures of the setup now.
2v1riqg.jpg
2vi04th.jpg

4h9hcl.jpg
1h4l5h.jpg

Great! Ludwigia grows like mad on the shores of my local lakes and ponds, never saw The beauty of this plant until I entered the hobby. I'm hobing to get some for
My aquarium when it grows.
It's too early in the season for it just yet. Come summer it's everywhere. Might I suggest getting CO2 into your emersed systems. To enhance their growth? DIY CO2 is cheap and effective.

Great! Ludwigia grows like mad on the shores of my local lakes and ponds, never saw The beauty of this plant until I entered the hobby. I'm hobing to get some for
My aquarium when it grows.
It's too early in the season for it just yet. Come summer it's everywhere. Might I suggest getting CO2 into your emersed systems. To enhance their growth? DIY CO2 is cheap and effective.
that's the beauty of emersed systems, you don't need additional Co2, you leave the hood open for (minimum) 2 hours a day (usually mid day) to allow Co2 flow into the containers. But what I do is I just leave them cracked 24/7, works fine for me.

that's the beauty of emersed systems, you don't need additional Co2, you leave the hood open for (minimum) 2 hours a day (usually mid day) to allow Co2 flow into the containers. But what I do is I just leave them cracked 24/7, works fine for me.
I know, but supplementing always helps with fast growth

Don't take this rude lol may sound like it just sayin bud'
How do you supplement an infinite supply of Co2? that's what im getting from you at least, confused by what your saying kind of.

Got some pictures for everyone, plants are growing.
before I just had a ludwigia x rubin mix in a bin, hybirds and all. Now I trimmed my submersed ludwigia repens and put those trimmings in one of the buckets to grow in, so now its Ludwigia by itself, and then the mixed in another bin.

Also im getting into breeding lily's Super interesting! Read a six page article on information about them and its really neat, wouldn't expect that but its a totally different hobby; lilys.
Check this one I made 2 years ago, turned out to be ok, not the best :) Got some hybridized Dahlias in the pot next to it, woop woop. Then a spirea (spyrea?), so on so forth.

Pretty 001.JPG

Pretty 007.JPG

Pretty 006.JPG

Pretty 010.JPG

Took out a portion of the PW carpet in the iwagumi btw, *cough* FOR SALE *cough*
Then im growing a mat of it, gonna sell for 50 or 60 $
OH AND I GOT A COOL STORY SO HOLD ON
2hrg0te.jpg

16lemgh.jpg

2rx758n.jpg

jils94.jpg

eq9yk4.jpg

K the pics are good :)

Story time:
So recently (today) I went on Google and searched "Tropical Fish Oddballs" and im scrolling, ok ok. Then all the sudden this picture of a ladys chicken breasts (not profanity if I say it was chicken), so I look to see where this photo even came from on fish oddballs, came from THIS FORUM, I was like "Someone just pranked the forum, and totally got away with it! savage" so I went to the thread and it was about a fire eel or something, all it is is pictures of this girls chicken breasts and wings, and if you scroll down I guess it was a selfie of her and her BF or something lol. Made me crack up that they got away with that prank though, was great, I obviously reported it though and the moderator(s) took it down.
Lmfao

I would much rather have my plants grown under water...

Do you take the lid out completely or open it partially to allow CO2 exchange?
Good question, IMO it depends on the size of the bin to. I always keep mine cracked open 24/7 still has good exchange and keeps (usually) 97 percent humidity.

Most reactions

trending

Back