Emergency, my Betta has a white bump on dorsal fin.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Iambbme

Reaction score
My Betta has a white bump on his dorsal fin, he has had it for about a week and its getting bigger, it seems to way him down as he swims side ways at times, the pet store told me to hive him Primafix, and see if it works, he doesn't want to eat and is just hanging out at the surface of his tank? Please help! I have had him for a year and a half, I don't want him to die.

Attachments

• IMG_1642.JPG
    IMG_1642.JPG
    513.8 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1624.JPG
    629 KB · Views: 1,072
Hi

His fins look terrible and that looks like a tumour. He looks like he is a dragon scale and tumours are quite common in dragons. If it is a tumour there is no cure as far as I know.

How big is the tank?
How often do you change water?
How much do you change?
Has the tank got a filter?
Have you got a heater?
What is the water temp?
What do you feed him?

He is in a 2.5 Gallon tank, with a filter, I change his tank, once a week 25%. Then I do a full clean once a month ( 100%, rocks, log & trees) I do use a heater, and monitor temp. The food he eats( picture below) and picture if tank. You will notice water level is low in picture, because i had read when that if he hangs out at top of tank when ill, it is because he needs air so to lower the water level,( so filter isn't running at the moment)

Attachments

• IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 214
Then I do a full clean once a month ( 100%, rocks, log & trees
I wouldnt wash this stuff its just killing any good bacteria that has built up.

25% a week is not enough IMO especially with a low water level.

I dont know it dont look good, Make sure he has lots of clean warm water is all I can say.

The water level is usually at the top, I just lowered it this week, because he was hanging at the top, and he wasn't able to lay on the leaves. How long can a betta go without eating? It has been 3 days and he won't eat, he does swim a bit, I just don't want him suffering if it's inevitable that he will die. What should I do?

Maybe it's ick? I'm not an expert on betta illness, but if it's a tumor like NickAu said, there probably isn't much hope :( but if it's ick, it can be treated. I would suggest looking up the symptoms of Ick and other common betta illnesses and try to diagnose him. I wish you luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back