Emergency! Emergency!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Danno

Fish Herder
Reaction score
OMG last night I saw my blue betta having clamped fin so I added some stress coat and melafix. This morning I saw him as fed him some blood worms. He didnt eat them all. I went to walmarts to pick up some aquarium salt and noticed HE IS WORSE!! So I cleaned his tank, added stress coat, added salt, added freshwater essentials, added melafix, and washed out his sand. I NEED EVERYONES HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I donr want to loose my betta! I enclosed a picture of his sickness!

Ok... I can only really make out the bottom left one.

Is there anything physically wrong with it?

I would say water changes and more attempts at the food.

Salt might help. :nod:

I aleady added salt.... And I always do daily 100% water changes to all of my bettas. I also noticed clamped fins, a whit line on his body, white puffy scales up by his head (doesnt look like dropsy), a white dot on his lip, and finrot

What can I do for this little tike? :-(

And on a second note, he wont move from that spot! He will only rest on that nice tall plant. He likes to be on the top of the plant so he diesnt have to swin to the top. :(

Treat for one thing at a time.

Scales only sticking up on the head? No idea...

Fin rot, anti-fungal meds, esp. if you see growths. If you don't, you might jsut want to use antibacterial meds.

Lack of swimming and clamped fins are symptoms, nothing to do about those.

100% water change is far too much... What size tank are they in?

Heck, once in a while, IMO, 100% is too much, let alone daily. :no: Such drastic changes can cause lots of stress, even if the new water is cleaner and the same temp.

Well Temp dont meen to be rude but it seems as if your not reading all of my post. Nor carefully.

They are in a 1 1/4 gallon tank and a water change every day is very healthy for a betta. And for all of my betta water I run it through a water purifyer and then stresscoat or amquel. I already added melafix to my tank and that is like a wonder drug but if thier is something that I DONT know that i NEED to do that would be great.

Also the scales are not "sticking up" like you said, but have taken a whitish hue and is a little puffy.

I read the thing about the scales after posting and didn't bother to edit it.

You never mentioned the tank size.

100% is not good, daily is fine, but a full water change is not.

I would think that the fin rot medicines and anti-bacterial meds would be considered "new" and "helpful", but I guess not. :shrugs:

A %100 water change 2 or 3 x a week on an unfiltered tank under 3 gallons is a good plan, IMHO. If you never change the water %100, your betta will always be living in some level of ammonia, no fun. However, daily is too much, unless they are jarred juvies.

Also, Danno, what do you mean what you say you run your water through a purifier? Some purifiers also eliminate trace minerals that are important to fish health.

As for your betta, I would see if you can find some BettaMax (NOT BettaFix!) to treat your betta. The mix of symptoms are not any that I'm familiar with, but if your fish is ill, its immune system is compromised, making it more vunerable to bacterial (and other) infection.

100% daily is fine, ideal actually. Most of our bettas aren't in cycled tanks and keeping them in the best possible water is our job :thumbs:

Can you get your hands on any silver? :unsure:

Silver? You meen like my moms necklace or a goblet or something? :blink:

:lol: Not quite, but that's a funny image. Sorrell means colloidal silver, a "miracle drug" recently featured (here comes the plug...) in Flare! magazine in a wonderful article written by our own wuv, who uses it with great success. You can get it in health food stores or places like GNC, $10-20 a bottle is the price I've seen it sold for.

I haven't tried it yet, but Kelly's article convinced me and I'll be picking some up later this week. :nod:

Is it a powder or liquid or solid or pill?

Ill try to get my parents to run me to GHP (general health of the public) and pick some up ASAP

It's usually sold in liquid. How much you use depends on the concentration of the liquid you buy. I don't have first hand experience with it, but I'll try to find my copy of Flare! in a bit and see if I can find you the info. Or maybe someone who has used it will wander in and give you some dosing info. :nod:

Well I wont be able to get into GHP today...or tomarrow so I just have to pray my betta will work through his diseases. :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back