Elephant Nose

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

barbmc723

Reaction score
I have a 92 gallon planted tank with 5 neon tetras, 4 glass catfish, 4 scissortail rasboras, 1 panda cory 2 spotted cory, one otto cat, 3 angels 5 serape tetras, 4 zebra dannio, and 5 glow tetras. I have a corner sponge filter and a fluval 406.I have 5 airstones. I want to get an elephant nose. Would he be compatable? My serape are a little nippy should I get more?

welcomeani.gif
to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here.

What substrate do you have? I ask because they absolutely need sand. All of your other fish should be kept in groups of 6+ of their own kind.

I'd prefer to keep the elephant fish or your glass catfish on their own tanks. Though some people had success with them on community tanks, they are still quite timid and shy and will most likely be stressed by a lot of active swimmers around them. Medium to bright lights also does not make them healthy on the long run.

Oh and welcome aboard! And if you're wondering, yes i've kept all of your fishes in the past together as well with an elephant nose with them along with other non-community fish. Believe me it was not a pretty sight after 4 years lol

I have gravel and sand. So if I want the elephant I have to ditch the others? My glass catfish and cory are the oldest they have lots of hiding places. What happened with your elephant nose? Its confusing because every page I look says something different

Nothing bad really happened. One of my other fishes just went amok and cause a lot of stress forcing me to separate all of them haha. Guess you can't expect them to be BFFs forever lol.

Besides, i think your tank is way too stocked with a lot of fish in the middle and lower strata as mormyrids tend to stay near the bottom as well. You should probably get an upper strata fish or get an elephant nose in a different tank with other less active middle to upper level swimmers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back