Eheim Pro 3 2073

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

oswoldy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well my new Eheim external arrived this morning. I have just set it up and WoW is the only word I can think of, its sooo powerful and well built/thought out. If anyone is thinking of getting one these I can highly recommend it. :good:

Just though I would let you know. :nod:

Mike

Is it on your 125? I have the 2026 Pro II and I found it needed quite a bit of adjusting to get it to fit correctly. (Hacked a couple of inches from the spray bar and a couple from the inlet)

In what sort of ways is the Pro III alot better thought out?
Also what is the volume like? Similar to the rest of the range or any quieter/louder?

Is it on your 125? I have the 2026 Pro II and I found it needed quite a bit of adjusting to get it to fit correctly. (Hacked a couple of inches from the spray bar and a couple from the inlet)

In what sort of ways is the Pro III alot better thought out?
Also what is the volume like? Similar to the rest of the range or any quieter/louder?

Yeh its on my 125 all I had to do was cut 3 holes off the spraybar.

The filter I had before this was an Eheim Pro 2222 it is a little louder than that one but not much to be honest and its not been running long so it may get quieter, sounds kind of like a small air pump.

It holds a bucket full of water, it also seems better quality than the Pro 2222 that I had and has an extra layer of filtration. Manufacturer specs are 1050LPH.

EDIT: Oh and more importantly the fish seem to really like it, they are queuing up under the outlet then flying across the front of the tank, they have been doing it for about 15-20minutes now :lol:

Mike

Well my new Eheim external arrived this morning. I have just set it up and WoW is the only word I can think of, its sooo powerful and well built/thought out. If anyone is thinking of getting one these I can highly recommend it. :good:

Mike

Fabulous, I'm thinking of getting a 100G tank so a 2075 will be top of the agenda. I take it came with everything apart from the spray bar? I.e. tubes and filter media?

Mike

Fabulous, I'm thinking of getting a 100G tank so a 2075 will be top of the agenda. I take it came with everything apart from the spray bar? I.e. tubes and filter media?

I'm surprised you're not going with something a little bigger for a 100G tank, given the output for a 2075 is only 1250 lph...about 400 lph less than what I'd be looking for for that size tank. Unless you're planning on running something else as well.

Yeah I'm starting with the biggest thing I can fit in the cabinet with my budget. I'll either get a second identical model or a less Eheim as the second canister later on. Need to slowly build up my stocking levels and bank balance once I've bought it all so the second filter is a few months away yet.

Hopefully ordering the tank next week. That I'm told may take four-six weeks to deliver (ND Aquatics quite likely).

Yeah I'm starting with the biggest thing I can fit in the cabinet with my budget. I'll either get a second identical model or a less Eheim as the second canister later on. Need to slowly build up my stocking levels and bank balance once I've bought it all so the second filter is a few months away yet.

Hopefully ordering the tank next week. That I'm told may take four-six weeks to deliver (ND Aquatics quite likely).

had mine a few days , its quiet and powerful flow for a 220L (uk) .
well pleased with it, primer had trouble though but once i got it going it took few hours to get all the air out.
however its a nice piece if kit.
very happy with it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back