Eheim External Canister Filters

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Scatta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I would like to add an Eheim external filter to my Juwel Rio 240 in the near future (I haven't actually got the tank up and running yet) and was wondering which would be the best variation to go for (Classic, Ecco or Professional). I was prepared to go with the Ecco 2234 / 2236, due to the acclaim it recieved in the most recent issue of PFK magazine, but after speaking to fellow fish keepers, I was told it is more trouble than it's worth and prone to leaks. They directed me to the Professional II 2026 model as being the most efficent (only problem was the price tag that comes with it).

I was curious as to what you all would suggest?

Keep in mind that this is to help filter a brackish aquarium, where the Juwel Standard internal will not be removed.

Hi,

I've got Eheim 2026's on both my Juwel Vision 180's - as I wanted to overfilter, and take out the standard Juwel filter.

Great filtration - significantly reduced changes/cleaning, crystal clear water now, very very quiet, self priming, does the job, haven't had any problems with either of them to date, apart from the lovely price tag, but well worth the extra expense in my opinion.

I use both a 2236 in my marine setup and a 2235(the older model) on my freshwater tank never the only problem ive had is the flow ball regulator wore out and needed to be replace in the older model.

I give this filters a very high rating i cant fault em they dont leak and provide good flow, also the accesories available for them, surface skimmers, spraybars etc is great!
if you do have any problems with them, like i did with me flow ball, spares are easy to get and cheap, mine cost me £2.75!! cheap as chips!!

the new 2236 also comes with the new media rather than sponges so well worth a look :)

Andy

The Ecco range is indeed not quite the same standard in reliability as the Classic and Pro Ranges. The Prof II 2026 should be perfect for the Rio 240 :good:

Thanks for the advice, peeps.

I think I'll go with the Eheim 2026 to accompany the Juwel Standard. Does anyone have any experience with the new (ish) TetraTec range of external filters? They are a bit cheaper and they seem to get good reviews, but I just wondered if anyone had any "hands-on" opinions.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back