Eheim 2217 Part Needed!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Clammie

Reaction score
Hi, I couldn't find the right section to post it in, it's not an 'emergency' but I'll need it pretty urgently.

I was doing some cleaning on my Eheim 2217 and I've broken the impeller shaft/axl.
(The little ceramic thing that goes into the impeller? I think)
Does anyone know where I can get this? Most places online are saying about £10 for it!
I found one that is, I think, £5 something with delivery. It comes with the 'bushings' also, what are they used for?
Does this sound like a reasonable price? Can it be bought cheaper?

Have a look on ebay - search "eheim 7438439". There seems to be a couple of cheaper ones on there. The bushings are the rubber stoppers that go on the ends of the ceramic shaft.

Have you found this -
http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/catalog/eheim_parts/Eheim_Parts_2217.pdf

Then if you need another part all you have to do is google "eheim....." filling in the part number from the diagram.

Sorry if you've already found the diagram :D

Thanks a lot, that diagram is great.

Thanks a lot, that diagram is great.
Mine didn't have the bushings on it when I opened it up, does that sound right? I bought it new.

I don't have your filter, but I do have eheim's aquaball and biopower internals. With both of them the tiny rubber bits (the brushes) that go on the ends of the impeller shaft usually stay embedded in the hole that they slot into. Looking at the parts diagram of yours, that looks like in the propeller shaped thing and the motor itself. Are they there?
I have to be very careful when I clean the impeller wells on my internals as the brushes sometimes fall out, and they are so tiny they are easily lost.

Thanks essjay, I just opened the filter back up. They're sort of lodged into place.

Most reactions

trending

Back