April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tmoney7

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
photo11_zpsd6b27e4b.jpg

The thing i was talking about is right above the snails which is actually on the glass
photo10_zps65996b8a.jpg

photo9_zpscfa84832.jpg

I know they are a little blurry as its the best i could do at the moment as it is getting late but i keep finding more and more of these little white dots scattered all over my tank.  There is more and more very day it seems for like the past 3 days or so and i cant figure out what they are.  All i have in the tank is 1 male betta, 3 nerite snails, and 6 pygmy corys.  

looks like algae on the glass, i have that sometimes, just take a clean non-used sponge and you can wipe it off the glass.

I think i just found out what it is.  I am am 99% sure they are snail eggs because i just saw a tiny little snail on my gravel moving around.  If this is the case then i do not have nerites because nerites are only supposed to mate in saltwater correct? I will try to post pictures of the snails later if this is the case and try to figure out what they are.

yea nerites only hatch in brackish water,if your confident there snaileggs thrn its possible that the hicthiked if you got live plants.

I did some more research i have found that they most likely are nerite eggs and that nerites can and will lay eggs in freshwater and that the eggs will hatch as well but that the baby nerites will not survive unless in saltwater.  This to me seems like what is happening because i have seen my snails playing piggy back for the last couple of days but thought nothing of it.  Also this morning like i said i found 2 little snails crawling around.  So i guess i will find out in a couple of days on whether or not they survive because these eggs are EVERYWHERE on my tank glass, heater, gravel, and you name it there is a clump of them on it.

well keep in mind SOME nerites can hatch in freshwater so most likely yours is that and given they will probaly survive because of that.

Oh okay, honestly i dont mind if they do survive because i can always raise them to full size and sell them to my lfs if i need to.  I was just wondering because i had always thought that they couldnt even breed unless in freshwater, But hey ill take it
biggrin.png

Just watched my snail lay an egg on the glass so i know who the culprit is :) i am just going to let nature take its course and the strongest will survive,  The rest i guess will either die or get eaten by my betta.

Most reactions

Back