Eggs Laid, What To Do?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kiira

Reaction score
I have 4 cories. 2 albino, one leopard and one emerald green. 

I noticed little white eggs all over the tank. Some on the front panel of the glass (where the filter flows right over) and then on plants around that area of the tank. I have livebearer Mollies and one pleco in this tank as well. I was wondering what I should do? Do I leave the eggs as they are or try to move them into a fry trap?

Also, at least two of my cories keep swimming frantically all over the tank and around the eggs.. what are they doing?

You need to pull them or they will be lunch for the fish. That activity is how corys spawn. You need some supplies for this if you want to try and get most of the eggs/babies to  make it.

If you read the article here down at the bottom it explains one way to do it. Another is to remove the eggs to a small hatching tank.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworld/shanesworld.php?article_id=312

Do they look like this? If they do they are nonfertilized snail eggs and you don't have to do anything. They look unsightly but there is nothing going to come from them.

Go to Google Images, type in corydora eggs and you will get back many photos to compare to what you are seeing in your tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back