Eco-complete Batch Colour Grain Size Problems

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zub-typer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
All,

Can someone give me some advice on my Eco-Complete...

I have order 2 lots;

First of all I got 4 bags put them in; lovely uniform dark colour and small to medium sizes granules.
I then got a further 2 bags; however this time the grain size is much larger and a lot lighter coloured and orange grains... not very happy..... :angry:

I plan to go through the last 2 bags and sift out all the lighter coloured stones, then mix it with the original batch. Hovever this is not going to be easy as it's all in the tank now....

Just wondered if anyone had experianced similar with ECO.

Also I have heard rumours of 'bad batch's' of Eco and worndered in what way they were a bad batch and if this so called 'bad batch' was distinguishable from a good batch ??

I'll post a picture tonight.....

Z

yes you probably have a bad batch, it doesnt affect the performance of it, just the image,

i was going to say email caribsea and they will sort it but looks like it is too late now!!

Hopefully its not too late... as you can't tell what it looks like until you have opened the bags and put it in water.
Luckily I've not spread it out yet and its just sitting on top of the 'good' stuff... so i'm going to scoop it out.

I have written to Caribsea so hopefully they will honour their word and replace this type of non-black batch..

Pics...

yes you probably have a bad batch, it doesnt affect the performance of it, just the image,

i was going to say email caribsea and they will sort it but looks like it is too late now!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back