Easy stem plants???

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hm...I didn't see the 2ft version when I clicked but the 4ft isn't a bad price. Maybe it's just out of stock or something. Thanks Nick!

@NickAu one more question on that light...does hi lumen mean high light? Or is it still a low/medium light?

No idea what hi lumen means, but I assume it means hi light.

The more lumen the more light. eg: 500 lumens is less light than 1000 lumens. You want as many lumens as possible.

Plants need red light to grow tall and blue light to grow bushy. If they don't get enough red and blue light they don't do as well. White light helps them photosynthesise (convert light into energy). You need a combination of all 3 colours for plants to grow at their best. If you only run 1 colour they won't do that well.

The more lumen the more light. eg: 500 lumens is less light than 1000 lumens. You want as many lumens as possible.

Plants need red light to grow tall and blue light to grow bushy. If they don't get enough red and blue light they don't do as well. White light helps them photosynthesise (convert light into energy). You need a combination of all 3 colours for plants to grow at their best. If you only run 1 colour they won't do that well.

Thanks Colin! I can't ever remember what the colors do. What about green light? What does it do? Some of these lights I'm looking at for plants specifically, just have 6500k white leds and blue acintic leds. Is this an ok combinaton? I believe they say full spectrum on the white.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A9F85S4/?tag=ff0d01-20

This is one I was looking at. The one Nick showed, in my opinion, didn't have good enough reviews on how long it lasted to rock buying it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Green light doesn't do much for plants and isn't worth worry about.

The light in the link has 6500K LEDs, which are white and it has actinic that are blue. You could use the blue as night lights and the white during the day.

Green light doesn't do much for plants and isn't worth worry about.

The light in the link has 6500K LEDs, which are white and it has actinic that are blue. You could use the blue as night lights and the white during the day.

Is it OK for the blue to be on at the same time as the white? I'm only asking because with this light you can get their timer which is not a ramp timer. But you set the white and blue lights seperately. I would want the blue lights to come on first and go off last to sort of make it a bit of a ramp timer. But that means the blue would stay on with the white during the day.

The one Nick showed, in my opinion, didn't have good enough reviews on how long it lasted to rock buying it.
My lights are over 3 years old and work great.

Most reactions

Back