Dying Guppy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DeeGeeDee

Reaction score
Hi.

So tonight all was well, the fish were fed and they were playing around as usual, but after I came home from walking the four-legged pet, my smallest guppy was face down in the plants looking very unwell.

I immediately got the net out and netted him up to take a closer look. His tail fin was bent and he was struggling to swim. It's been around 2 hours now of him being in the net and his tail isn't looking bent anymore but he's just lying at the bottom of the net. He's on his way out but I want to know what's wrong!? All the others are fine (5 more male guppies, 4 amano shrimp and 3 nerite snails) and showing no signs of anything. Water parameters are perfect (ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20 - yes, this could be lower but I doubt this is the reason he's dying!) The photo makes it look darker than it is!

I've attached some photos. Hopefully someone can help?

He was acting a bit weird the last few days - swimming up the top around the input rather than being with the others, and maybe not eating as much as usual. He's very tiny (not grown much since I bought him!) so maybe this is something to do with it.

I need help. I don't like them dying! Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5412.JPG
    IMG_5412.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5413.JPG
    IMG_5413.JPG
    981.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5414.JPG
    IMG_5414.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 101

Most reactions

trending