Dwarf puffer problems

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SnailPocalypse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I haven't gotten a puffer yet and can't afford a quarntine so im wondering if the 5 gallon (when I get it set up) will be suffice for him.Also what kind of meds are plant/wood safe and wont hurt snails?As that is what he mostly will eat.Snails.Also the substrate is sand.I would like links too.(Ick/Internal parasites/Fungus all that jazz)

What are the dimensions of the tank? What filtration will you be running?

If the puffer is going to be the only fish in the tank (which it should be; they're nippy, aggressive little fish!) you don't need to worry about quarantine; that's only needed when you're adding new fish to fish you already have.

As for medications, I'd worry about that if/when you need them!

Oh ok the dimensions are like a regular five gallon not tall.I will be running aqua-tech 5-15.Also he will be the only fish

We have different sized gallons in the UK, and don't have the same size standard tanks, so I have no idea how big that is...

The dwarf puffer will eat the snails that you are worried about killing - just incase you didnt know.

Fyi it should be free to feed your dwarf puffer. all of my nearby LFS give me free trumpet snails to feed my assassins if i ask nicely :) many customers stock up on them for puffer fish food.

See thats what im doing.I made a snail farm for that purpose a small circular 0.7 tank and the snails have already laid eggs only problem is everything collects in the bottom and I dont know how to get it out Orobaly gunna dump it since they stick to the side

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back