Dwarf Lionfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

foley69

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i am looking to turn a 90litre into a marine set up with a dwarf lion fish this will be my first marine set up i know the initial set up it lengthy but i want to do it properly is there any help on what set up i should do to cater for a dwarf lionfish. i will be filling the tank with RO water and using RO water for the water changes if that is any benefit

foley

Check out a few of the tank journals on here mate and this will give you a good guide to setting up...these little guys will do fine in most tanks, reaching around an average of 6" in time..our 2cm baby is now sitting at around 8cm in a matter of a couple of months

sweet i have always admired lionfish like the volitans but i havent the tank space for it but i have a 90 litre spare when my snakehead grows it out so i am goin to set it up for a nice fuzzy lion

Nice choice..stick with a fuzzy at start and avoid fu manchu dwarves if on offer..little boogars to get to feed and never live very long in captivity

cheers do you know of any tankmates that could go in with a fuzzy lion i was thinking a dwarf angel like a fireball angel or maybe a flame foxface

Simple rule with these guys is..if it fits in their mouth don't risk it,lol....
Would even be wary of flame backs , although they should be safe ...
Any free water species larger than 4" should be safe, but just keep the fuzzy well fed and you'll be fine.
Try to buy one that is already eating "dead", frozen foods..if not wean it onto these as quickly as possible and it's tank mates will stand a much better chance.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back