Dwarf gourami with rosy red minnows?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

nelliebo

Reaction score
Hi all! My son has a 10 gallon tank that contains 4 small rosy red minnows and a kuhli loach. He previously had a rescued female betta in there too, but she was thriving too much (aka, getting fat eating all of the food lol), so went into her own home last night. Now my son is talking about getting a dwarf gourami. I did a search, but I'm not finding any info specific to rosy reds and gouramis. Thanks!

do not get a dwarf gourami (Trichogaster lalius) or any colour form of the dwarf gourami.

they are riddled with diseases and do not live long. Do not waste your money on them and do not get them.

If you want small gouramis look at Honey dwarf Gourami, Indian Banded Gourami, Sparkling Gourami, Licorice Gourami

Rosy red minnows (aka fathead minnows), Pimephales promelas, are cold water fish and should not be kept with tropical fish.

kuhli loach.
Kuhli loaches need to be kept in groups of 6 or more, In my opinion 10 or more is better.

Kuhli loaches need to be kept in groups of 6 or more, In my opinion 10 or more is better.

Yes, we plan on getting more as soon as the local pet store stocks them. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back