Dwarf Gourami Stringy White Feces

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pokagon55

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have got a 46 gal. tank with 2 gourami, guppy's, platie's tetra's and one 3inch pleco. I wll checking on the fish after a water change sat. and saw a white stringy line of poo trailing the blue dwarf gourami.

here are the water states.Ammonia 0 Nitrites0 Nitrates 20ppm ph always 7.8 water temp. 78 degree's

could this be a baterial infection that is interal? Or a interanl paresite. I use a filtered water supply when I do water changes and have not introdused any new fish in over a month. The tank has been set up for years. I change the water once a week, I do 5gal on sat.....then the next sat. it is 7gals. Rinse out the filter media in the tank water when I change the water and alternate the filter media changes.

Any advise would be helpful, thank you.

could not see anything like that, it's bum looked ok. :no: It looks pretty good other than the poo I am treating with a anti-bacteria food and a anti-internal pariste food med. Also have used jungles interal and external drop tabs.
Any or thoughts are helpful, thank you

Just feed some shelled peas and frozen daphnia for now, fish do accasionally do a stringy poo mine do, good luck.

A water flea and very good for digesting fish food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back