Dwarf gourami male or female

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bking426

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have two dwarf gourami I was told both are male. One chases the other non stop. The one who’s chased is really fat now but I read girls are more drab colored. I’ll post pics
IMG_3175.jpg
IMG_3169.jpg
IMG_3168.jpg
IMG_3172.jpg
IMG_3177.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told female by a breeder who breeds labyrinth fish. While she has color it’s not dark comparatively. Her dorsal is round and she’s definitely carrying eggs.

The red striped one is a male and the normal colour form of the dwarf gourami. Females are silver for all colour forms of dwarf gourami except the blues. Male and female Coral Blue Dwarf gouramis are both blue but the males are slightly more intense.

I can't tell anything from the picture of the blue one. I need a clear picture taken from the side showing the entire side of the blue fish.

I thought it goes by rounded dorsal fin?? She’s not very bright either. I said “ she” lol

Most male gouramis have longer more pointed dorsal and anal fins but dwarf gouramis have different coloured sexes.

Agree with Colin.
These are both males.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Okay. I guess he’s just a pig and not full of eggs.

Okay. I guess he’s just a pig and not full of eggs.

Yes. The only one that could be doubted is the blue one (cause males and females are blue) as Colin said. The red in the blue ones tail and its behaviour tells it is male also though. The red one is 100% a male without the slightest doubt.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Back