Dwarf Gourami Iridovirus

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jarednsteph

Reaction score
I have one clearly unwell Neon Dwarf Gourami, I've googled his symptoms & compared photographs and I've come to the conclusion that he has DGIV. He has darkened in colour, he's not eating, become lethargic and is starting to swell (kinda like dropsy, several websites have said this is the last & final nail in the coffin). I have made the decision to euthanize him tonight with clove oil, after unsuccessfully treating him with both Pimafix and Melafix incase it was something else :no: . My question is, I have one other Neon Dwarf Gourami and two standard Gourami and various other fish including Angels, Loaches and a Panaque...my understanding is that it can be passed from Gourami to Gourami but is not contagious for my other fish? Is this correct? I've found no information to confirm or deny this. I couldn't bare to see them all go this way :-(

It is specific to gouramis, so your other fish are safe, at least.

My little Gourami seems to have perked up, his colour is returning and he's started eating again. Does DGIV go through a pattern of sick/well fish or could it be something else that was ailing him?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back