Dwarf Gourami Iridovirus Clean Up

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DesertDogwood

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am brand new to the forums. I am here looking for some help. I recently had a dwarf gourami die from what seems to be iridovirus. This was my first gourami, and I was not aware of the disease until he was already sick, and I began researching what might be wrong. All of the symptoms seem to match iridovirus, and he died within a few days.

What I am wondering now is what measures do I need to take to ensure that the tank is properly cleaned and the virus eradicated so that if I wanted to get another dwarf gourami or other similar Anabantoidei fish in the future, I could prevent it from contracting the virus. Currently there are no other creatures in the tank, just decorations, hiding spots, and plants.

Do any of you have prior experience with this, or can you direct me to more information that would help?

Thanks for any advice that you have!

There is a lot unknown about this disease or in fact cause of several diseases (it opens the immunesystem causing the fish to die on several infections)
It probably contracted when bred. The iridovitus causing it isn't "treatable" and this specific one only affects Dwarfs (and probably some other gouramis).
So extra sterilizing / cleaning a tank afterwards is no use.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back