Dwarf gourami gone quiet

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

candrews999

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all I've recently, about 2 weeks ago moved my dwarf gourami, male 6 rummynose tetra and 6 cardinal tetra from my 55 litre tank to a 180 litre tank with live plants. This past weekend I added 8 bronze cory. My dwarf gourami has started just lying on the bottom of the tank, on the sand. He does feed and physically looks ok. Water parameters are fine ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrates around 5 Ph is around 7.2 and is stable, and has been that even in the 55 litre. I'm doing weekly 25% water changes. Is he just sulking because of the new tank mates or could he be sick? All the other fish are behaving normally.
Any ideas? All advice gratefully received!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If the fish is still eating and has no sores or damage on his body or fins, he is probably sulking.
Make sure you have some floating plants and give him another week and see how he goes.

If the fish is still eating and has no sores or damage on his body or fins, he is probably sulking.
Make sure you have some floating plants and give him another week and see how he goes.
I can't see anything obvious on the dg but I've put him in the quarantine tank and he seems happier in there although he's still quiet but at the top of the tank. I have noticed though that one of the cory has what lools like fin rot [emoji20]

post a picture of the gourami and cory and I will have a look at them

post a picture of the gourami and cory and I will have a look at them
Sorry its not a great picture! Can't seem to find the cory [emoji848][emoji20]
4025bb17e30d391cdbd96ee3f574901a.jpg

is the gourami's eye sunken in?
in the picture the fish's eye looks like it is drawn back into the skull a bit and not where it should be. Or is it just the photo?

Hmmm not sure...here is a better pic. What could that be?
Thanks for the help hope I can fix the poor thing
f30386f5bae02d138bed4d845f0e04fc.jpg

Sunken eyes can be caused by bacterial, protozoan or viral infections.

If the fish is still eating just monitor it over the next few weeks. Keep the water clean and at the correct temperature, feed a varied diet and feed several times a day. Just see how it goes.

Sunken eyes can be caused by bacterial, protozoan or viral infections.

If the fish is still eating just monitor it over the next few weeks. Keep the water clean and at the correct temperature, feed a varied diet and feed several times a day. Just see how it goes.
He's in a 26 litre tank at the minute which im running at about 26 degrees c. And I'll do daily water changes?

I'm gutted keep thinking if I'd kept him in his old tank he'd be ok now poor little thing [emoji20]

If he had the iridovirus he would have died soon anyway.

Unfortunately dwarf gouramis are riddled with health issues and the stress of moving tank probably brought forward the inevitable.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back