Dwarf Gourami Disease Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sprite

Reaction score
Hello!

So I am sure that my dwarf gourami has the disease, but I'm not sure if I should quarentee it?

So, in essence, my question would be this: Is DGD contagious?

Thank you!

Apparently it's extremely contagious if you have other dwarf gourami in the tank.

If you think your dwarf has the disease, it is almost 100% fatal - so you are better off quarantining the fish, if not euthanising.

Sadly this is all true.

Why do you believe your DG has DGD?

Thank you for all the responses.
eaglesaquarium said:
Sadly this is all true.

Why do you believe your DG has DGD?
I've done some research and found that the most common symptoms are lethargy, not eating, and staying on the bottom of the tank; sadly my fish has all of the above.

Would this be contagious to other fish in the tank? Thankfully I don't have any more Dwarf Gouramis.

Any loss of color, or bloody looking spots?

If so, then the best move would be removal and euthanasia.

eaglesaquarium said:
Any loss of color, or bloody looking spots?

If so, then the best move would be removal and euthanasia.
I just took a look and it actually doesn't have either, but it does have discolored (almost green looking) scales on its body and around its head. Now I'm starting to doubt my diagnosis. 

I'd suggest you post some pics and put it into emergency forum.

A bit late here, but yes quarantine immediately.  One of my females developed symptoms two days ago, and I (perhaps foolishly) thought that the rest would surely already be infected (had the trio for two months) before the one female developed symptoms...

Today when the lights came on the female was dead (no big surprise to me) but my beautiful male with no symptoms (yet) was dead also
no.gif
. Lying dead in his bubble nest... /cry

Just got one female left now, and unless I find a local breeder I think I won't bother with dwarf gouramis anymore.  Horrible DGIV disease
evilmad.gif

Most reactions

Back