Dwarf Gourami Dieing I Think

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Daveo026

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all any ideas what's wrong with my dwarf gourami he was fine last night but today he's got a lump with a a couple of raised scales he's lost alittle colour and breathing rapidly and hasn't moved all day all my water tests come back fine and no other fish in the tank is showing signs of stress or illness and female dwarf I have is completely fine at the mo im at a loss on what's wrong.

I had something similar with my 3 (not at the same time) and I am afraid to say they all died.

Mine all had a lump on the side too. Is yours swimming badly ie doesn't seem to be able to keep himself upright? I attributed this to something like swim bladder but part of what is known as dwarf gourami disease. Unfortunately most DG are inbred and are very week genetically so do seem to die for no particular reason. All 3 of mine died within 3 weeks all other fish were fine and water stats too.

I am afraid there may not be a lot you can do mate.

Al

hes just sat on a plant hasn't moved in like 1 hour but when he swims he is struggling. does this mean the female will get/got the disease?

You might want to post this question in the "Tropical Fish Emergencies" section, also copy and paste the "consult form" so that people have more of an ideal as to what the problem could be.

Sorry I don't have a clue what the problem is, good luck.

Quite possibly mate. Sorry.

I have seen your post with the form, so hopefully someone can help, but I am afraid it doesn't look good

If you do a search, you will see similar posts that I have commented on.

I hope yours is different and sorts itself out.

Al

Shes ok but she will most likely be lonely as I'm not getting anymore dwarfs it's a shame really

Thanks alistair for replys hopefully il get something else as a centrepiece fish that's abit hardier

Most reactions

trending

Back