The tank is a comunity tank with:

5 neon tetra
6 rummy nose tetra
1 bristlenose plec
2 clown loach
1 baloon molly (female)
2 xray fish
2 angel fish - medium size

Will dwarf or any other type of gourami live OK with the above?
The Angels are my concern as they can be quite agressive to each other (although they leave the other fish alone).

The tank is heavily planted, and has Co2 injection.

What do you experts think? :huh:

angels have a bad rep for being bullys, but this is only so when they have eggs in the tanks the rest of the time they just swim round looking for food just like every other fish.

as a goramis woulod be fine with the angels

as long as its big enough to not fit in the angels mouth its fine.....

as i said angels (with a few exceptions) only become aggresive to other species when they are breeding

not that i`ve ever seen again the goramis tend to have a spat with each other now and then but i`ve never seen any aggression to others outside the species,

from experience i know that gouramis and angel can coexist in a tank quite peacefully. I have had in the past blue, kissing and dwarf gouramis in a tank togeather with and angel or two at one time or another and currently have two angels in a dwarf gourami in a tank and have had absolutly no probllems. From the size of your tank i dont think its overstocked (even though my sense of size isnt to accurate with metric measurements(i have a good idea in my mind how big a meter is)) and can fit a gourami or dwarf gourami :D

hi i tried this once with my angel fish and my neon dwarf gourami.
it didnt work! the angels kept nipping the gouramis fin and i had to put him in another tank.
dont do it!!!

I have angels & gouramis in a 55, there is at least one angel pair in there. They get along fine, the pair keeps to one corner when spawning, and really doesn't tear anyone up, they are a fairly passive pair.

My gouramis are little terrors and that has resulted in them shredding each others fins and every other fish in my tank so they are goin in a different tank, hmmm maybe some angels will put them in their places, or even a female seeming as they are both males, that may explain why they are so terrotorial. Hmmm i don't know would you say it is wise to do so??? :/

To answer your question, YMMV. I've had a 30 gallon tank with two honey dwarf about 3/4 of an inch each and two powder dwarf about 1.75" each and they don't bother the marble veil angel and the angel doesn't bother them either. The angel is kinda small though about 3/4 inch body not counting fins. As you can see many have kept angels and guramis in a community tank with great success but there are some that had bad experiences too so it's really your call. There's no hard rule.

Dwarf gouramies are very prone to disease so they don't do well in stressful environments. If your angels pair up and/or breed, they will create a very stressful environment. I wouldn't add dwarfs.

Note, BTW, that neons and other very small fish are at risk of getting eaten by full-grown angels and I'd actualy consider finding the angels a new home soon because of this.

Having said that, are the measurements you posted correct? If so, your tank is over 100 gallons so plenty large enough for some dwarf gouramies and angels to co-exist (though the neons are still at risk).

Personaly, I'd skip the dwarfs and go for some banded gouramies (Colisa fasciata) instead. they look similar but grow to 4" and are far hardier. They do well in mixed-sex groups with 2 or mroe females per male.

Your clowns are lonely. Loaches like to be in a school of at least five animals. The gouramis are the likely trouble makers!
Cheers;

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back