Dwarf Crayfish Questions

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BeckyCats

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello!
I have been thinking about what can go in a 6.6 gallon tank when we are done with triops. Obviously not a lot can live happily in  such a small habitat, so I am looking into critters outside of fish. Several sources have suggested dwarf crayfish as possibilities for ~5 gallon tanks, but I am having trouble finding good information on a few questions that I have. I am hoping that folks here can share their own experience with me regarding these adorable little animals.

1. Can they live happily in a 6.6 gallon tank (it is longer than it is tall)? If so, how many? I'm guessing no more than two.
2. What is their behavior in a tank? Do they re-decorate, dig, climb, hide all day? Are they nocturnal?
3. What kind of decor do they prefer? I have read that they like hiding places but do they like live plants, driftwood, open spaces, dense planting, rocks?

Thank you so much. I don't want to get an animal if I can't provide the right home for it, so getting answers to these questions would really help me to determine if I can do this.

I too have looked into dwarf crayfish all I can say is,probaly one or two crayfish.Not nocturnal from what I know.Probaly more natrual looking with rocks/wood/plants

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back