Droopy Tail fins!!!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AngelMax

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a quickie....a few of my platy's, especially one of them sits in the corner of the tank almost as if they are sulking.
Their tails seem to droop!!!!!

Is this normal???? I can't say I have ever noticed before....
I may be just a little paranoid as I have lost half my stock to white spot :-(

The fish generally look healthy...eat well and water stats are all good.

What do ya think?????? :dunno:

Ok, I know we have been down this road before, but can you please post the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, tank size, tank mates, and anything else that is new or different?

These are thigns that will always be asked whenever you post here...

To be honest i haven't a clue,he hasn't damaged his tail that's all i can think of.

Some of my platties did this...it's like they are sleeping....it panicked me too.
Are you getting enough air into the tank? Have you added any new fish recently?
Is there any other physical symptoms, are they eating? Any chance of pictures to help to explain what it looks like?

No new fish..... airstone running 24/7......all eating ok......no other physical signs of illness.

I am treating the tank with Melafix, as fin rot was present but now seems clear.

:huh:

I went to a friend's today....one of her mollies was just laying..the right way up on the floor of the tank....My immediate thought...uh-oh!! However, from what I then observed she is pregnant and exhausted as the male is really harassing her at the moment. It was like she went to the bottom of the tank to rest before he came back and wanted more!!
Now whether or not this is all it is and there isn't something else wrong remains to be seen but....I just thought I'd post this in case it helped at all.
Have there been anymore developments?

I would get your friend to isssolate her if she can as the stress and exhaustion will cause her to abort or even die.

Already have......there is one male to four females and yet he only seems to harass this one. He's a brute though. He owns the tank that also includes a very aggressive angel!!
I thought she was aborting today but it didn't look like she had.
I ordered my friend to move her and she's borrowed my breeding tank that you insert into the main tank (she's already got a similar tank full of fry!!)
Unfortunately my friend brought the fish on a bit of an impulse and hasn't really got the knowledge to back things up (this is where I come in!!) I hadn't seen her tank for over a month and it is SO overstocked! I gave her a good scolding though and it's going to be sorted...grr!!!

Lol, you did right as over stocking will lead to more problems, hope the guppy has a good delivery.

Most reactions

trending

Back