Does your betta flare at you?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

VulcanNinja

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My Betta flares at me when I look at him. Not all the time, but sometimes...punk :fun: Just wondering if yours does also.

All the friggin time. I swear, you'd think I was trying to kill him or something.

Mine just swim back and forth begging for food! :lol:

Yes mine flares at me all the time whether I'm looking in the tank, have my finger on the side, or just minding my own business. To be fair the "other" betta (mirror) is only around when I am so maybe that's his thinking. I also sometimes catch him staring at me (the tank is next to the couch where I watch tv late at night) and if he's resting in his plant in the back of the tank and I look in there, he'll come right over and either stare or flare. He's quite a character. :lol:

Captain Morgan flares at me occasionally, when he's being ornery and begging for another pellet.
Now my boyfriend's betta, Bonzai.. He'll flare at me, at Chris [boyfriend], his pellets, his bloodworms, his plant, a pen, a candy cane, the printer occasionally.. Everything except our friend Bryce. Who tried pellets, bloodworms, pens, food, his own face.. Bonzai just turned around and ignored him. :lol:
I guess he only likes to flare at Chris and I!

Most of my bettas do the fishy feed me dance when they see me.But I have one that actually jumps for food when I take the top off his tank.I think with a bit of training we could work up an act that would rival anything those silly dolphins at Sea World can do :lol:

They save the flaring for each other :D

Koda

I have 10 and none have ever flared at me lol.

They all get super excited when they see the silver food bag. I have several that look like cocker spaniels..shaking their little bodies so much..they look like they are doing a shimmy. :lol:

All of them will eat from my hand...they'll bite you too if you aren't careful lol.

One of mine flares at me, he also flares at the puffer fish in the next tank!! :lol: : :lol: Don't think he realises what hes flaring at!! Whereas my other male betta leon actually lures the two ghost shrimp out by dropping food in front of their hiding place and then flares at them and chases them!! :rofl: :rofl: Very very funny to watch!! Bu the doesn't flare at me! :rolleyes:

My son's red VT Alphie used to flare at us for the first week we had him, but now he just does the excited fishy dance when he sees us or should I say the Hikari pellet packet :fun:

My VT (Schuylkill) does. If I come close to his tank he immediately swims over and gets attitude. This is the same guy who tries to jump out of the tank and grab the food out of my hand when I feed him. My 2 crowns don't...Aidan will come see me but Smoke is fairly shy and only comes near when I lift the tank lid to feed him.

Silly fish. :)

Most reactions

Back