Does this look right?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

StaceyJae

Reaction score
I found 3 fry in my tank yesterday. As I'm treating with sterazin at the moment I decided to remove them and set up a bare bottom 12 litre for the next couple of weeks. I fed them with the tiniest bit of hikari first bites last night and this was the strip test result this morning. I then tested all my other tanks (125 litre community, 25 litre single Betta tank, 25 litre with 2 endler guppies, 58 litre with 3 assassin snails so I don't kill them in the community tank). All results are identical. I know the strip's aren't usually much good but thought I'd give them a go as they've give more or less the same results as the shop tests with API liquid when I got a few free with something I bought.
Maybe a dodgy batch?

Attachments

• IMG_20170212_121133114.jpg
    IMG_20170212_121133114.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 110
That's the problem with strips. I just cleaned out my fish cupboard and chucked a whole load of these because they are just too vague, and easily misinterpreted.
Do you have a liquid kit? Or you can take a sample of water to a fish shop and ask them to give you actual figures.

At £1 a test and the amount of tanks I have I think I'll order an API liquid test. My fry tanks have a 25-50% change daily depending on how many times I feed so they should be ok for a few days I think.
I'll be contacting king British and put the rest in the bin I think

Yeah the strips are a bit like checking your cars oil by feeling how hot the hood is yeah that's where the oil is and sure you might get lucky and be right but chances are your way off lol. Anyways until you can get some liquid test kits just keep up on those big water changes especially for the fry. Nothing makes fry grow crazy like 50% daily water changes and good feedings throughout the day.

Most reactions

trending

Back