Do Severums Or Convicts Eat Live Fish Like Guppies?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BIG SHARK

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey, do severums or convicts eat live fish like guppies etc? if yes how big do they need to be before this can happen? and how often r they meant 2 eat them? wot kind of fish do they eat? and if any1 has had experiences or if you feed yours live fish now please let me know about it, thanks alot, i look forward 2 hearing from u
BIG SHARK :good:

im just curious thats all, my girlfriend loves guppies and has over 100 so she wouldnt be 2 happy if i did it lol but please let me know . thanks :)

Yep, I reckon they should. Pretty much anything that can fit into their mouths should get eaten. I recommend Live Bearers (Easy to breed and nutritious.) You should breed and feed (good advice always rhymes :good: :p)

lol yeah i will then, weve got 2 tanks of guppies which my girlfriend breeds, how handy eh lol theyre only 2" ATM do u think they`ll eat them yet ?
i suppose i cud always try cudnt i

ha ha ha yeah and if they cant eat them ill give them sum smaller ones. im a genius ha ha ha very funny discus lover lol :good:
do u feed yours live guppies ?
BIG SHARK :good:

Convicts do-- i have some.. by why would you feed them guppies? -- trying to get them to mate?? if not - why?

i just want the cons n sevs to be as healthy as possible thats why i wanted 2 know if i cud feed them guppies. obviously guppies r better for them than most other food. how many do they eat ? or wud u just feed emguppies for breeding ?

and yes ill be askin my girlfirend about the guoppies i wont just be doing it, sorry if i offended u mr lol

BIG SHARK :good: i suppose any fish wud eat guppies if they`ll fit in their mouths, even the guppies do dont they

your fish will not be healthy as possible eating guppies, from what I have read from experienced fish keepers is that guppies or feeder fish in general are not a healthy food at all. once in a while is ok, but processed foods are much better.

I would think the only time guppies or feeder fish would be healthy is when they have just hatched/born, as they have yolk sacks on them. but obviously they are then too small to be fed to the likes of severums and convicts

its also said that using feeder fish is unnessary and likely to cause health problems and nutritional imbalances

your fish will not be healthy as possible eating guppies, from what I have read from experienced fish keepers is that guppies or feeder fish in general are not a healthy food at all. once in a while is ok, but processed foods are much better.

I would think the only time guppies or feeder fish would be healthy is when they have just hatched/born, as they have yolk sacks on them. but obviously they are then too small to be fed to the likes of severums and convicts

its also said that using feeder fish is unnessary and likely to cause health problems and nutritional imbalances

Actually only part of what you said is correct. Feeder fish like Goldfish and some types of Minnows aren't good for the fish, and should only be fed as a treat once in a blue moon. The reason being, is that they lack in diffrent vitamins fish need in a proper diet. I have heard that one of the only good fish to feed, are live bearers, as they do not lack in vitamins like other feeders. But, I do agree that a mixture of commerical diets (frozen, and dry) is probably going to be a better well-rounded diet than just feeder guppys alone.

yeh i meant just for a treat maybe once a week, i read that goldfish arnt very good for them and that live bearers are. thanks for clearing that up for me discus lover :good: so its a good idea 2 do it now n agen cos its good for them ? cos it must make them grow and guppies must be full of protein compared 2 pelletts and even bloodworm. thanks every1 for ya help. is there any1 who gives them guppies who cud advise me

p.s. DISCUS LOVA - hard work never killed any1 but why take the risk? lol good that like and i agree lol :D

yeh i meant just for a treat maybe once a week, i read that goldfish arnt very good for them and that live bearers are. thanks for clearing that up for me discus lover :good: so its a good idea 2 do it now n agen cos its good for them ? cos it must make them grow and guppies must be full of protein compared 2 pelletts and even bloodworm. thanks every1 for ya help. is there any1 who gives them guppies who cud advise me

p.s. DISCUS LOVA - hard work never killed any1 but why take the risk? lol good that like and i agree lol :D

I've given my severum feeder fish before but its not really a great food. Frozen foods will do your fish just fine, feeder fish only introduce the risk of disease.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back