Do Rainbow Sharks And Balla Sharks Mix

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fatman_rick

Reaction score
WELL DO THEY MAKE GOOD AQUARIUM BUDDIES OR NOT OR DO THEY NOT DRAW ATTENTION TO EACH OTHER.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

Firstly Bala sharks can reach 14inches to 16inches or 36 centimeters. Therefore they are not exactly small aquarium suitable. :no: Also sizes change depending on what sites you read and information you find.
Bala Shark

The Rainbow shark has the potential to be aggressive to other fish, if the fish try to steal their territory.
Rainbow Shark

DONT WORRY IM NOT PLANNING IT LOL.

I NO PEOPLE WHO HAVE RAINBOW SHARKS MIXED WITH BALLAS AND THEY SEEM FINE THOUGH IM JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.

Umm... 48-72? i dont think so.... ive heard of some that were fully taken care of best as possable and they grew 9" max, and others that hit 14",, not 48...
48cm maybe...

rainbow sharks can be aggressive but if they have some places to hide (caves) they should be fine with other fish, what ones were u thinkin of havin it with?

Murph

EDIT: o balas and rainbow sharks are fine with eachother, i have and am currently expierencing a rainbow shark, albino rainbow shark (not recomended 2 rainbow sharks in one tank but they love eachother:p) and 3 bala sharks (recomended kept in groups of 6 by some, 3+ by others,, all personal oppinion and personality of the fish.

I HAVE A RAINBOW SHARK AND WAS THINKING OF ADDING BALLAS AND THEY ARE QUITE A FEW NEW HIDING HOLES.

125 LITRE IM ALMOST SURE ITS TOO SMALL THOUGH THIS IS ONLY A THOUGHT.

I think that as long as they have their own territory and plenty of hiding areas and lots of space they should be fine. Just be sure that it's hard for them to have to be in contact with each other. I would say though that there may be the possibility of a risk of them being aggressive (semi or more). Take caution if you try this. :nod:

Best of luck!

TANKS ALOT GUYS FOR THE HELP GUYS.

ANY MORE HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

125 litres is too small to house a Bala Shark, especially as they prefer to be kept in groups of 3+.

I have a rainbow shark (not very long) and hes a right scardy. he has a huge log cave that he hangs his head out but hes no bother at all. he is currently about 3" and is in with 7 tiger barbs

the rainbow shark in the cave is y i suggested lots of hiding... he has found his territory and is fine with staying there.

I believe that 125 litres is too small for 3 balas, which is the min. id keep them or recomend keeping them. This combo would be better off avoided unless its guaranteed ur gunna have a bigger tank soon. Even then research it lots, but u would have a little bit (not lots) of time with it being ok, but then theyll be too big. They are very skiddish aswell so they need a lot of swimming room.

Murph

I dont see these two together being a problem, though i agree a lot of space is required. Bala sharks in my experience are timid and well behaved fish towards other species.Though 125litres maybe enough for a pair of Bala sharks I would have thought?Would do you reckon people?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back