Do i need my bracket?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JDFish

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a small 83 litre Juwel aquarium. It came with a plastic bracket along the bottom of the tank, Do i actually need this or could i swap it out and put a soft substance under the tank instead?

You can remove the plastic and put a piece of polystyrene foam under the tank. However, if you don't have the polystyrene or something else to cushion the base of the tank, leave the plastic. :)

The plastic bracket?

Not sure which you mean. Is this the trim along the bottom of the tank?

Or does the tank actually rests on the plastic bracket, namely as a floating tank?

The only juwel 83 litre I can think of is like a Roma 90, I used to have one of these and that has a floating tank base which is the plastic bracket you probably speak of.

As Colin T already says, you can remove the plastic and have a polystyrene or rubber base to put the tank on.

Always safer to put a tank on a thin layer of poly or rubber base as any imperfections in the glass or any debris, even just a few grains of sand or gravel underneath the tank glass may cause the glass to crack under the immense pressure of water and substrate weight.

But there’s no real need to remove this plastic unless you really want to, just ensure you lay the tank on an even and clean base preferably with a layer underneath.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back