Do I Need An Air Pump Or Will A Water Pump Suffice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Hey all. I finally got a 55 Gallon aquarium. I set it up and everything works fine. I put in a little food to let it start cycling and then I left it. I came back a little while later, opened the hood and saw piles of bubbles almost overflowing. I unplugged it and wondered why that was happening and I decided to ask if a water pump would do just as much as an air pump. I never put any cleaners in there or anything. will a water pump aerate the tank just as much as an air pump?

Not sure what you mean by lots of bubbles nearly overflowing from the tank?? Is this the filter producing them of airstone?? Is the filter causing surface aggitation? How did you clean the tank out before adding water?

I know someone who used fairy liquid to clean tank and rinsed the tank well afterwards but then loads of bubbles appeared when filled the tank and they turned the filter on!!

Is the tank new or used? What about substrate? Is anything you have in there used, as in, did someone own it before you?

that doesn't sound natural at all.

Did you use any soap or anything? Do you has that rag for cleaning dishes or countertops?

big overdose on dechlorinator maybe?

Pictures?

Take the airstone/airpump out of the equation for a few days & see what happens.

Tom

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back