Do I Need A Air Pump /filter With Air Pump ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tropicalstorm

Reaction score
hi there , i have a filter which is aqua one it has a head on it with a spout for the water to come out obviously, but also it has attached a clear tube with like a black end to it like an air tube attached to the filter. :huh:
is this the air pump bit to deliver oxegen to the tank or have i got to get a seperate air pump. :S
just want to make sure that this is what it does and that i do not need a air pump with this??

any answers on this would be appricated .

hi there , i have a filter which is aqua one it has a head on it with a spout for the water to come out obviously, but also it has attached a clear tube with like a black end to it like an air tube attached to the filter. :huh:
is this the air pump bit to deliver oxegen to the tank or have i got to get a seperate air pump. :S
just want to make sure that this is what it does and that i do not need a air pump with this??

any answers on this would be appricated .

connect the clear tubing to it and have that with the black part on the tubing sticking out of the water so it can suck air in..
you shouldnt need an air pump with this
:)

Welcome to the forum Tropicalstorm. The eductor approach to adding some bubbles to your tank is simply not needed. If your water is coming out of the filter close enough to the surface and at a high enough flow to actually make the eductor work, you are getting enough flow to not need any other method to oxygenate the water. I never use those connections on my filters because I don't like the noise they end up making. My fish do great without the silly bubble makers. Unless you are running equipment like air driven filters, an air pump is just for decoration.

ok that put my mind at rest, i knew it was for something of that purpose but just wasnt 100% positive because ive always had air pumps but old man47 not no more lol, cheers guys and gals :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back