Do bettas eat snails?

Whiskerz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My mom has a 15 gallon tank, and it's completely covered with snails (the annoying ones) she wants to get rid of the snails badly as it makes her tank look like crap, so I was wondering if female bettas would eat snails or snail eggs atleast? or if there is some other fish that would eat the eggs?

I have tried so hard to get the snails out, I even tore down the whole tank once and started all over, but within a week...the little buggers were back :X

The only thing is, she has 1 neon tetra (his buddies died) and I know tetras are fin nippers but I'm not sure if this is only for male bettas since they have the long flowing fins :dunno:
She also has 1 painted glass fish but I'm not sure if they are fin nippers either.

Anyway, if a female betta can not go in her tank, what other fish loves to munch on snails? :p

Thanks in advance :)

I believe Loaches take a special delight in eating snails, but that's about the extent of my knowledge on them.

Bettas will VERY likely eat snail eggs. Sometimes they'll eat snails, too.

I wish my male betta would eat the snails in it's tank (it's not that they're too big...just wondering why he doesn't eat them). If I crush them with a pair of plastic tweezers, he will eat them though. Some snails hitched a ride on a wisteria plant I bought awhile ago. Now I've just kinda lived with those snails in there.

Try adding a couple of assassin snails. They won't eat or kill their own kind but other snails are considered "LUNCH"

Most reactions

trending

Back