Diy Tank, Stand Hood And Sump

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wirralbull

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i set about to make a tank as cheap as pos. i had 3 glass shelves from an old kitchen unit. and a pump for a pound from the car boot i bought a heater for 5 quid from ebay, and an air curtain i already had an air pump. i made the stand and lid from laminate flooring and scraps of wood. i cut the glass for the sump from some old green house glass but had to buy the ends for the tank. i alredy had the bogwood but bought the gravel and the k1 media. the lights are standard cfl energy savers so i could use bayonett fittings. no expensive ballast. i also bought the silicone and the digi thermometer that was only a 1.70 from ebay. so all together so far about 20 pound but i still need filter media and plants and fish. dimensions are 20 cmx 20x 70. rekon all together bou 30-35ltrs capacity. want to stock with two ottoes two scarlet badis 1 mini moth catfish and 6 rasbora maybe sum chery shrimp plants like java moss java fern anubias anything thatl grow on wood. i also bought a tank connector and paid for a hole to be drilled at a very reasonable price of 2 pound.

Attachments

• rsz_1hol_and_tank_083 (1).jpg
    rsz_1hol_and_tank_083 (1).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 71
with front on

Attachments

• rsz_hol_and_tank_082 (1).jpg
    rsz_hol_and_tank_082 (1).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 61
agen

Attachments

• rsz_rsz_hol_and_tank_082_(1).jpg