Discus Fish Problem.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mandeeps207

Reaction score
Hi there,
Can anyone help me. My discus fish is sick. I have a 20 US gallon tank. In which I have 2-3 inch sand layer at bottom. Having few plants
1. Ludwigia Ovalis - 5 stems
2. Red Cabomba - 10 stems
3. Rosefolia - 3 stems
4. Bacaopa Cariliona - 15 stems
5. Java Fern - 1 plant
6. Amazon Sword - 1 plant
7. Vallisneria nana - 5 plants
8. Hydrocotyle Verticillata - 4 plants

All are small plants right now. I have Liquid carbon 5 small drops daily. And weekly add Macro & Micro nutrients 5 ml, also add 5 ml Iron...for plants. My tank is 7 month old but canister filder is two weeks old only.
thats all about my tank.
Now come to the disease....my discus having red gills. When I purchase this beautiful pair it was in excellent condition. But after two weeks they have suffered with ich parasite. But I somehow manged to cure in a bare bottom tank. Ich parasite is no longer also fish is not rubbing itself to anything. But gills are red and one of my discus can't breath with its left gill. What should I do. I think ammonia is causing the problem. Can anyone help me what should I do to cure red gill problem?

Please help me...
Note you can see video at You Tube channel: -
http://youtu.be/4JwV4BT-GIs

Attachments

• discus-red-gills.jpg
    discus-red-gills.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 550
that video link is not working because video processing was failed...
uploaded to this url again

http://youtu.be/RsbY-EuK7UE

You need to do lots and lots of water changes to reduce the ammonia. Do you have dechlorinator? If you do, change as much of the water as you can, twice a day, making sure the new water is temperature matched and dechlorinated.

Is there any way you can get test kits? Your fish are also going to need a much bigger tank; at least twice the size of the one you have now.

I don't have test kit....I have Seachem Prime dechlorinator. Today I noticed they are rubbing their body to wood some times.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back