Discus Delights!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cian McLiam

Ye Olde Irish Tank Guy
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Heres a few first pics of the little guys, they are only a few months old and are very plucky for young Discus, although they were a little off colour when I bought them, some good food and good water has really perked them up.

Heres one of the three stooges:

Attachments

• Discus.jpg
    Discus.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 93
They are very friendly and ate on the next day after delivery, some tasty Tetra Prima and bloodworms were just the ticket:

Attachments

• Discus_Angel.jpg
    Discus_Angel.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 89
They are still slightly edgy so I couldnt use flash, but they were kind enoughto stay sort of still:

Attachments

• gang.jpg
    gang.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 61
Discus Delights...groovy juvies!!!! They sound delicious! :hyper: :p

They're beautiful, Ken :wub:

Ken those look great and I'm really impressed by anyone that can keep Discus; I just keep hearing how hard they are and everything needs to be just right.

FOTM nomination for sure

Also, do you have an updated picture of that tank? It looks like you have a nice large angel in it.

Looking great, Ken. Love them, I have just reserved to 3" ones of the same strain at the lfs, they are holding them for a month before I pick them up :D .

Those little beauties have inspired me, have you got the two Angels still, will they stay in that tank for life? What is the fish list did the Neons go back? :)

Great fish and pics :D

Thanks all :)

The neons are gone, as are the Cacatuoides pair, my LFS is going to try and breed them, and in return I get a great deal on the Discus :p
The two angles are on probation, they seem to be getting on ok for the moment, however if the Discus begin to retreat and darken, Im afraid they are getting a one way ticket to Show Tank Heaven at the local shop :)

Will get an updated pic of the tank when they have settled in long enough to keep the light on constantly and replace the plants that cant take the heat.

Ken

Their amazing Ken, I recently got 3 young ones but they don't have that kinda colouring pattern. I got 1 blood parrot, cobalt turqouise, blue-brown turqouise. The vertical lines on my Discus is not as dark as yours(could this be a sign of stress) also I feed them flakes, I was looking for tetra prima but got tetra color bits since the LFS dont have them, and frozen blood worms. What kinda lights do you use?

very nice discus.

What are the requirements for Discus.

Might be setting up a tank for grandma when she returns from her holiday.

She likes nice big colorful fish.

I will Be getting them from shirley aquatics - they have 6 discus tanks and they are all beuatiful.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back