Dipping My Toes Into The Dark Side....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
..So am currently on the hunt for a tank (i may have one but wont know til next week if its a certainty). I've settled on a 3'x18"x18"

Still got to gather some goodies, but i now have

Chiller
Hydrometer
Salt mixing container
Lighting
Rainwater
Powerhead

Will update here as more goodies arrive

Ooh, doing a SW set up now.

Afraid I can't help much, have very little knowledge of SW :lol:

But I look forward to hearing more of this and how you get on :)

I've wanted one for a long time, gonna give it a go. Cant have regrets eh, so marking it off my bucket list. My luck it will work great and i'll be addicted to the dark side as well, and my hubby will really kill me lol

I have very little knowledge myself, but i have found a local guy who is willing to let me pick his brain lol

I've had a rethink on the tank size. i have a tank here, a custom 40gal 2ft, thinking i might kick this one back into action, it does have a DIY background installed which i am going to scrub and reseal. It will be well suited to what i want to keep (and nope ya wont know til they are in there). The 2ft is set up to run a canister though, so gotta also see if i can modify the bracing to take a HOB filter, which will be better for SW, but if i cant, it can be done with a canister if i have to.

Sooo pretty sure i will shortly have a tank available for this. its approx 34gal, and 2x T5HO lights, they will need to have the tubes changed to marine suitable tubes. This tank is better suited to running a HOB filter. i will probably still run a canister so i can hook the chiller to the tank through that, dunno will look at that once its all cleaned and ready to set up.

I don't mean this in a negative way at all (quite the opposite, I am very jealous) but just how many tanks do you have! Your house must be wall to wall water! 
laugh.png

Alasse said:
I've wanted one for. It will be well suited to what i want to keep (and nope ya wont know til they are in there). 
bet you it'll be something unusual.

smudge_ said:
I don't mean this in a negative way at all (quite the opposite, I am very jealous) but just how many tanks do you have! Your house must be wall to wall water! 
laugh.png
I have too many if you ask my hubby lol

I have a 5ft, 4ft, 3.5ft, 3ft, 3x 2.6ft, 2x 2ft (1 not running yet, but will be soon) 2x 1ft cubes, various nanos. There is a new 6ft, a custom 6ft, & a custom 5ft arriving at the end of the month

SeanTrollope said:

I've wanted one for. It will be well suited to what i want to keep (and nope ya wont know til they are in there). 
bet you it'll be something unusual.

Maybe, maybe not lol

I dunno, i honeslty dont count. I just pull one out when i have an inkling to scape a tank :)

So i was looking at using the SunSun 2.6ft to change to marine, but after today i am thinking i will buy a marine setup that is sumped and ready to go. I found one today that i just love.....so as soon as i get back to work, this will be what i start organising to get!.....

Sounds intriguing.

Look forward to seeing if you manage to get this one thats ready to go :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back