Did the moderators go on holiday?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
I will try to be polite with this. Over the last couple of weeks there appears to have been some long delays in the time people create their first post and the time it is checked and made live. For some posts this isn't a major issue because it is in the introduction section and people saying hi. But for other posts it has been about a sick fish in the emergency section. When people's fish get sick we encourage them to hop on here and ask for help but we can't help them if their thread is sitting in limbo.

Is this going to become a regular occurrence?

Is everything ok up there in the moderator's village?

If we need more, I would be happy to volunteer....
If anything just to stop nick posting his bad jokes....:rofl:

2b97a6b681b04ac821bdda29c6ae9713_original.jpg

Was going to pm a mod about it, but since the thread is here already...

I have noticed a lot of mods that have been online recently, but also signs that an additional one would be helpful.

Don't know if there is already a system in place for this.
Maybe select from someone who seems to be online consistently over the past several years, has shown themselves to be knowledgeable in the hobby, and has a high ratio of positive ratings to postings?

Apologies if this is too presumptuous.

One of the problems with getting a new moderator is finding somebody who can work the forum software.

I vote for Colin as moderator..he fits all the criteria ;)

If Colin becomes moderator I will leave the site.

My vote would be for @Byron

Last edited:
I don't want to be a mod and this wasn't about choosing a new mod. It was about new threads being left in limbo for up to 1 week before being made live. Unfortunately one of the fish that needed help died because the thread didn't get made live in time for me to help. The fish might have died anyway but having the thread in limbo for a week didn't help.

There have been some issues with getting moderators online recently, we're all really sorry, and working on a way to improve things.

We will certainly discuss this in the back room and see what we can do to make things better. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Was going to pm a mod about it, but since the thread is here already...

I have noticed a lot of mods that have been online recently, but also signs that an additional one would be helpful.

Don't know if there is already a system in place for this.
Maybe select from someone who seems to be online consistently over the past several years, has shown themselves to be knowledgeable in the hobby, and has a high ratio of positive ratings to postings?

Apologies if this is too presumptuous.
if you are planning to have a new mod, i suggest everyone works to make a list of the people who are best fit for the job, but keep in mind that some people don't want to become moderators, so 5 or 6 people would be a good list to start with.

We will pick some more moderators soon. We don't take nominations, but thanks for the suggestions.
The shortage has just come from a coincidence that we've each had things going on in our lives but we are aware we need a few more hands on deck!

We will pick some more moderators soon. We don't take nominations, but thanks for the suggestions.
The shortage has just come from a coincidence that we've each had things going on in our lives but we are aware we need a few more hands on deck!
Ok, that is good to know, and hi, since i have never seen you on this forum before.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back