Development Of Cory Fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Christi_22

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

I managed to rescue some Bronze Cory eggs from my community tank, and now have 6 little Corys 11 days old. They are fed on Liquifry 1, and 3, Spirulina, and Baby Brine Shrimp (defrosted). Also they have some mature Amazon Frogbit from the original tank for shelter and micro-organisms.

The thing is there is a very marked difference in their development. 3 look like little Corys, with barbels, fins etc and a good size too, the others, although they have grown a fair bit still resemble tadpoles? This is my first time to raise Cory Fry, so any experienced guys out there?? Is this normal. I know fry do develop at different rates, but their development rates seem to have varied greatly. any help really appreciated
Thanks

Christi

Hi Christi_22 :)

It's perfectly normal for some of the fry to develop more quickly than the others. All you can do is to make sure there is enough food for everyone and keep up the water changes. :D

the runty ones do eventually catch up - though it might take a good few months for them all to be the same size
I do have 1 runt bronze -- called tiny that's still only approx 2 cms and hes 4-5months old - purchased a group as babies the rest have all grown large but tiny just hasn't he's perfectly formed just diddy

Thanks guys, as long as that is typical of their development, then its cool :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back