Barb-barian

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im looking at getting this set up for my 60g tank that is cycled 
Demasoni x12
yellow lab x4
peacock x2

would love some input on this combo

Could spell destruction unless you have a crap ton of hiding spaces. One of the breeds will take over the tank. They will hunt the others. I kept Labs with Red Jewels. That was a nightmare. If you do it, I wish you luck. You will probably have females that will die from being too stressed. They will be holding and get overly stressed. Man. That's a brave stocking.

My yellow lab cichlid was very very very mean. He hated the other fish in the tank the whole time he was there.

i finally found my demasoni and let me tell you it was quite the hunt.  I lucked out with one of my LFS.  They had a guy come in looking to trade 10 of them in and the owner remembered me asking about them.  So he snatched them up for me and gave me a call.  Not the 12 i was looking for but these guys seem pretty happy in the new tank.  picked up 4 yellow labs at the same time.  They have been in the tank for a week now and i have not noticed any major squabbles and the fins that were torn on them when i got them are starting to mend.  as it stands i would like to add in 4 to 6 more fish.  Im thinking something along the lines of a red zebra and a couple syno catfish.  Can anyone think of cool fish outside of the yellow and blue ranges that may work with they guys i have? would peacocks work here?

I personally would keep it as a species tank. Expecially if you are wanting that many demosani. Even though they are small, demosani are extremely violent for their size and that many of them versus the number of labs and peacocks will more than likely lead to yellow lab replacements on a regular basis.

what if i get more yellow labs? i really like the color combo. when might the aggression become a problem? my guys are 2 1/2 to 3" big right now which from my understanding is almsot full grown for the demasoni.  as it is right now the demasoni seem to be more into chasing each other than the labs.  most dont even care if a lab is next to them but as soon as another demasoni gets close they will chase it out of its area. 
thanks for the advice.

IN a 60g tank there is only so many more you can add. I wouldnt advise adding too many more labs to up their group, I would get rid of the labs and add a few more demosani. That is just me though. Everything seems fine now, but fish turn when you least expect it and demosani can be a vicious little breed.

ok ill have to sleep on this one but tyvm again for the advice and ill keep a close eye on them in the mean time

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back