• Kuhli loaches, guppies, endlers and fry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kuhli loaches, Betta and fry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

saltynay

Patron
Reaction score
I am trying to decide how I will layout my fish between my 2 tanks which will be joined in filtration so filtration will be as if its one large tank and the heater will warm the water in only 1 tank. I still haven't decided either whether I should have a fish highway pipe between the two so that may be a later change. So these are the elements I can mix and match

Fish
Guppy/endler fry (will be moved once they reach adult hood to parents tank)
3 Guppy females and 2 male endlers
Crown tail male betta
Kuhli loaches which my lfs tell me are this species but I am not entirely sure

Equiptment:
1 x arcpod light
1 x 50w heater
1x 150w heater
2 x fluval 1+
1 x intrepet power filter
1 x fluval 2+
1 x diy filter in essence equivalent to a fluval 4+
Plant pot caves

Plants:
2 x bog plants I believe are Dracena sanderiana (bamboo) should be able to get more easily but they would probably take a while to grow to sufficient height to be able to go in the tank and live
Christmas tree moss
Elodea
Duckweed
Whatever happens to come on offer here in the next few days which is low light and low maintenance

5gallon tank has a moss wall 2 plant pot caves with a little arch from half a pot and a lone elodea with mixed sand and gravel substrate
7.5 gallon is currently empty will have a sand substrate

Vote above to help me decide and please post any further combinations you can think of.

Heres a pic of what the caves look like (the tank has been aquascaped since then so nothing else is in the same place except for the moss wall)

Should I use the 150W or the 50W? I could always swap them round come winter but I think 13 gallons is a bit high for the 50W but the 150W is a bit too much power instead heating the water to quickly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back