Dalmation Molly Turning Jet Black

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Pidgecbr600rr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My male dalmation molly is truning Jet Black, there is hardly any white bits on him at all now, will this cause him to be less attractive to females and potential frustration/stress?

Just strange, cause although he was always a little darker, he seems to have gradually turned black

Thanks

Paul

Its quite normal, many dalmation mollys when they are born, are born white or light grey even if their parents were very dark dalmation mollys- as the fry mature they get more and more spots until they eventually reach their final density of black/grey spots. This can also happen the other way around.
When this happens and how quickly it happens can vary a huge amount, somtimes is a consistant gradual process as they mature while other times they will remain very white or dark up until a year or more old and then change. What is most likely is that your molly was just a late developer, he will stay just as attractive to the female mollys in your tank as well ;) .

that happened to me too i saved a single fry from two births (a silver molly and a dalmation molly) i assumed it was from the silver molly as it was so white but once it reached 2cm it started getting spots it was a cutie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back