Daft Question but anyhow.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

OohFeeshy

It's only forever; not long at all...
Reaction score
With my second hand tank I got a gravel vac. However.... I have no idea how to us this. I think its a Algarde Deluxe Gravel Cleaner, looks the same on Aquatics online. It's need a good scrub, but does anyone know how to use it?

Oh wow I was going to tell you how mine works but I went to aquatics online and that one is way different! I WANT!!

MY gravel vac is a hose with a filter on one end and has a hand pump on the other. I put the filter end in the gravel and the pump end in a bucket below the tank level. Pump the pump a few times and then let the siphon action start. Move the filter around in the gravel slowly and keep an eye on the bucket. When the bucket is getting full pull the filter end out of the water and let it drain into the bucket. I have no idea what make mine is but it does a good job if you are careful. I made the mistake of trying to lift the pump end up over the water level only once!!!LOL HTH

Hi Matchu :)

You could probably make one yourself, but here's a basic one that's not very expensive:

http://www.petmeister.com/item879.htm

I have 15 tanks and it's still what I use. :thumbs:

All a gravel vac is is a hose with a wider plastic tube attached to the end. It's just a siphon, but the wider part spreads the suction over a little wider area which helps pull more dirt up without sucking out the gravel. :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back