Cycling Issue - High Nitrites!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Anyone?  TwoTankAdmin?  It's getting pretty brown all over that stuff.  I'm thinking it'll need cleaned off.

The 'brown' stuff is likely diatoms, this is very normal in an immature tank and will eventually go away as the tank balances in.  In the meantime, yes, you can clean that stuff off.

I don't know what the 'fluffy' stuff you are referring to is.  A picture would help.

Diatoms, like diatomaceous earth? It's definitely growing.

Well, I took some pictures, but there doesn't appear to be a way to upload them?

12077295_10153674504003033_169759301_n.jpg

We'll see if that worked. 

This is one of the ornaments.  You can see the dark stuff, and a little of the white "fluffy" stuff.  This isn't as much as last time.  I sucked up what looked like one of those little, round spider pouches off this guy last time.

12081509_10153674503848033_1867160904_n.jpg
That's about as good as I can get of the white stuff this time.

Scrub off the fluff.

What about the dark greenish brown stuff?  You can see it, too.  It's all over Nemo, the castle, the volcano, you can now even see it growing on the black rocks at the bottom.

Cleaning those few items wouldn't be a big deal.  

What does it mean if the glofish are bumping into the glass a lot after feeding them?  They seem to swim pretty much normally, and then after feeding them, they all bump into the glass at the front of the tank quite a bit.

These glofish are skirt tetras, genetically. I have them too. Mine are highly excitable regarding food. Likely they are just begging for more food.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back